Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Wabbit season !

If you and I are going to get along, we need to be honest with each other. I'll go first.. I am involved in a very deep, very serious, long running love affair

with flannel.

I'm not talking about the cute, dorm room style flannel jammie pants that tell the world how "juicy" or "pink" I am. No. I am talking about the grandpa, lumberjack, 90's grunge revival (did it ever really die?) fabulous flannel shirts.

 Need proof?

 This is me wearing my flannel loud and proud, out on a Saturday night.


Here's the thing. With Winter finally giving way to Spring, some may argue that it is no longer flannel season (duck season !)

I beg to differ.
It is always flannel season (wabbit season !) as far as I'm concerned. Listen, if Beyoncé can wear a swimsuit and a fur coat, I don't see why you can't wear flannel right into Spring.

Bottom line, life is too short not to wear what's in your heart. All the time, anytime. If that means white after Labor Day, do it. If that means a fresh black manicure just in time for Spring, do it.




(yes, also me)

The great thing about clothes is that they come off (hey hey!). It's not that serious. You're not picking a husband or tattoo. Go glam, go goth, go girlie. No need to save your good pearls for a special occasion. Wear them with your sweats to the store if that's what you're into. Why? For the same reason a dog licks his balls..

because he can.

No comments:

Post a Comment